3 beets with stems and leaves included
3 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half
salt and pepper to taste
some fresh oregano
- Wash and peel the beets. Cut the stems and leaves in half, and also cut the beets in half.
- Choose a baking dish with a cover, and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper. Add the beets and the garlic, season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with olive oil, cover and bake for an hour until beets are soft.
- Take them out of the oven and let them cool. Cut them into slices.
- Place the beets in a serving bowl, stems and leaves included. Season again with some salt and pepper, add the lemon juice, lemon rind, parsley, oregano, and just the right amount of olive oil and vinegar.
- Top with walnuts, serve and enjoy. This salad can be eaten lukewarm or cold.