There is something delectable about a ham and brie sandwich: just those two simple ingredients placed between a sliced baguette. Why mess with such delightful simplicity? But there’s also something nice to be said about a fresh, crispy baguette flavoured with honey infused Dijon mustard, stuffed with peppery arugula, and then topped with a creamy brie and some country ham!
- Here's how I made the brie and ham sandwich:
- Slice the baguette horizontally.
- Take one piece of the bread and spread it lightly with the Dijon/honey mustard.
- Take the other piece of the baguette and arrange some baby arugula on it. On top of the arugula sprinkle a little olive oil. Grab your pepper grinder and give it a go, seasoning with all that delicious freshly ground black pepper.
- Layer the ham on top of the mustard
- Layer the brie on top of the arugula.
- Press the two sides of the baguette together.
- Slice the baguette into pieces and serve accompanied with the fruit.