- 3 tablespoons tarama
- 2 cups canola oil or similar vegetable oil (not olive oil)
- 10 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Immerse the bread in a bowl of cold water. When it is soaked, remove it and squeeze the bread thoroughly to get rid of excess water.
- Place the tarama in the bowl of a food processor. Add the oil and start to blend. Continue blending until the tarama and oil are well mixed.
- Add the bread, a bit at a time, while blending all the while. You will see that the tarama will begin to thicken.
- Keep blending while adding the lemon juice. All the ingredients should be well incorporated. The tarama will be ready when it has the consistency of thick mayonnaise.
You can make your own toast rounds to serve as an accompaniment for tarama:
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a bowl, mix together the garlic, parsley and butter. Brush this mixture onto each slice of the French bread.
- Place the bread slices on a pan and bake for 10 minutes. They should appear crisp and golden brown when ready.