2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped in 1 inch pieces
1/4 cup basil leaves, cut into strips
1/2 pound Genoa salami, sliced into strips
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup garbanzo beans
2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half if desired
2 cups rotisserie chicken breast, cut in small pieces
1 bunch green onions, sliced thinly, white and pale green parts only
1 yellow pepper, seeds removed, sliced into strips
Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- Toss all the ingredients together in a large bowl. When ready to serve, add the vinaigrette and combine.
- You can make this ahead of time, but add the lettuce and basil leaves at the last minute, so that they don't wilt.
Here's a picture of the version without onions or mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (or a bit more if you like mustard)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup vinegar (I like to use white balsamic)
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients except the oil and parmesan.
- Whisk in the olive oil in a slow steady stream until incorporated. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.