- Marinate the lamb in the refrigerator for about an hour. Take it out and let the meat come to room temperature.
- Position the cooking rack in the centre of the oven and preheat to 450°F.
- Place parsley, chopped rosemary, grated Parmesan cheese and garlic in the food processor. Process to a coarse paste. With the machine running, gradually add the olive oil. Season the pesto with salt and pepper.
- Place the lamb on a small rimmed baking pan.
- To make clean up easier, I like to line my pan with aluminium foil. After cooking, I remove it and throw it out. The foil holds the cooking grease, and the pan remains virtually spotless.
- Spread all of the pesto over the rounded side of the lamb.
- Roast for 10 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 400°F and roast to desired doneness, about 15 minutes longer for medium-rare.
- Remove to a plate and slice. After slicing, arrange the chops on a serving platter, surround with rosemary and pour the juices from the plate over the lamb.
Wednesday, 11 August 2010
RACK of LAMB with PARSLEY-ROSEMARY PESTO
3/4 cup parsley leaves. Pack the parsley in the measuring cup so that you get a generous amount.
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary, plus some rosemary sprigs for decoration
2 1/2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 garlic cloves
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 rack of lamb
Marinade for the lamb: Score the lamb and season with salt, pepper, and oregano. Sprinkle some olive oil and the juice of half a lemon over the lamb.