Monday, June 17, 2013

GRILLED LEMONS

I do love lemons, anything lemony wins me over.  So I'll introduce you to my new lemon obsession: grilled lemons!  As the lemons are grilled they caramelize, and that gives them an added sweetness.  Sweet and tart combined.  Irresistible flavors!  Put them on the grill, let them caramelize, and use them in salads or with grilled foods.  They are so, so, good.  Just recently I served them with grilled lamb.  

Here's how I make grilled lemons:

Ingredients: 
lemons, as many as you would like
sugar
fresh thyme leaves
salt and pepper
olive oil

Directions:

Cut the lemons in half. Slice off their pointy ends so that they can be placed on a plate and not tip over.  Gently pick off as many of the pits as you can.

Place the lemon halves in a bowl and coat them with olive oil, salt and pepper, thyme leaves and a little sugar. Give them a good stir so that they are well covered with the ingredients.

Place them on a hot grill and let them cook until they caramelize.  It's not rocket science, it's grilled lemons.  A lot easier, and you can't eat rocket science. 
Here is a serving suggestion: I served them along with grilled chicken.
If you love lemons you won't be able to resit grilled lemons!
Another serving suggestion: grilled lemons and souvlaki

2 comments:

  1. Ana, this is spectacular, they are so cool looking. And they sound delicious, refreshing, and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment LiLiKeKe. You know me and lemons... we have a love affair going! This is something you can do. You will love it!

    ReplyDelete