Saturday, September 14, 2013

CORN ON THE COB GRILLED WITH FRESH HERBS

Corn on the cob on the grill.  A great way to enjoy summer sweet corn!  This corn was as fresh as it could be.  I bought it just a few hours after it was picked, and at a really sweet price too, 4 for $1.00. I often grill corn.  I love eating it hot, crunchy and slightly charred, but with kernels that are still juicy and sweet below their crispy coat. The best way to grill corn is to wrap it in aluminum foil, and I have been cooking it this way for more years than I can count. I never considered improving on the taste, not until I came across a picture on the Food Network of corn grilled in foil but with lots of herbs added in for extra taste.  Well, go figure. I grow herbs and I have a clear view of my little herb garden from where the grill is set up.  Yet, never once did I consider adding some of those herbs I stare at when I'm grilling to the corn cooking in front of me. OK, thank you Food Network for kicking my brain into gear. 
So pick some rosemary, some thyme, some lemon thyme... 






Don't forget the basil...
Place the corn on a piece of foil and add the herbs...

Yes, go ahead add a little lemon if you like, definitely add the garlic, then drizzle some olive oil on top...
Then add a little butter and some salt and pepper. Wrap the the foil over the corn and form a tight seal.  Wrap in the same manner with another layer of foil.  You'll have a nice sturdy packet, ready for the grill...
Grill on both sides, tear up the foil and pull out the corn.  Bite into it and taste the hints of each herb used.  A fantastic departure from ordinary grilled corn.  Simple, fast, delicious!
  






































1 comment:

  1. I grill corn but have always just thrown in on the grill without wrapping it. Roasting it with the herbs is fabulous. Why didn't I think of that. Really looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete