- 3 beets with stems and leaves left on
- 2 cloves garlic finely sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- lemon rind
- some parsley
- some fresh oregano
Wash and peel the beets. Cut the stems and leaves in half, and also cut the beets in half.
- Choose a baking dish with a cover and line the bottom and sides with a piece of aluminum foil. Place the beets inside, season with salt and pepper, sprinkle them with olive oil, cover and bake for an hour until beets are soft.
- Take them out of the oven and let them cool. Cut them in slices.
- Place the beets in a serving bowl, stems and leaves included. Season again with some salt and pepper, add the sliced garlic, lemon juice, lemon rind, parsley, oregano, and just the right amount of olive oil and vinegar.
- Serve and enjoy. They can be eaten lukewarm or cold. Beets are nicer when accompanied by skordalia.