Wednesday, March 21, 2012

TROPICAL FRUIT SALAD


This fruit salad which I served as dessert was a big hit at my house!  I got the idea from Ramona's blog called Curry and Comfort.  If you're looking for a quick and delicious desert, this is it!  Fresh, healthy, sweet, delicious.  Everyone had seconds.  There was a small bowl left, and my mother told me that she polished it off the next day for breakfast.  Here's how to make Tropical Fruit Salad:
Ingredients:
1 pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced into chunks
1 mango, peeled and sliced into chunks
1/4 cantaloupe, peeled and sliced into chunks
3 kiwis, peeled and sliced into rounds
1 pound of strawberries, hulled and cut in half if they are too large
2 bananas, sliced
juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup sweetened coconut,
1/2 cup dates, pitted and cut in pieces


Directions:

  • In a large bowl combine all the pineapple, mango, and cantaloupe.  Mix and then add the strawberries, and kiwis.  
  • You can stop there, cover and refrigerate the bowl if you want to make the fruit salad ahead of time for company.  
  • Right before serving, slice the bananas and add.  You want to add the bananas at the last minute, otherwise they will become mushy and start to get discolored.  
  • Carefully fold in the dates, lemon juice, honey, and coconut.  
  • Guess what?  That's it!  You're done!  Serve and enjoy! 

7 comments:

  1. I bet it tastes as good as it looks. This is a must try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greek Girl from QueensMarch 21, 2012 at 11:08 AM

    This is a treat for the eyes, a treat for the tastebuds, and healthy as well. Perfect combination. Now that spring and the warmer weather is here, this is just the thing my body is calling out to me for. I think I'm going to see what I have on hand as far as fruits go, and tomorrow, will hopefully be having this for brekkie.

    Thanks for this, Ana, and thanks also for pointing me in the right direction to Ramana's lovely Curry and Comfort blog. I'm about to go there now and subscribe. - June

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this looks great. Cannot wait to find some good fruit and put this one together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mix of fruit with honey and coconut! Your tropical salad looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ana, so very happy you tried the recipe and enjoyed it. I'll see if my mother can help me make some hoppers and post it soon on my blog so you have a recipe to try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely ! I can appreciate your combination of fruits.

    ReplyDelete