1 pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced into chunks
1 mango, peeled and sliced into chunks
1/4 cantaloupe, peeled and sliced into chunks
3 kiwis, peeled and sliced into rounds
1 pound of strawberries, hulled and cut in half if they are too large
2 bananas, sliced
juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons honey, or use a vegan substitute
1/2 cup sweetened coconut,
1/2 cup dates, pitted and cut in pieces
- In a large bowl combine all the pineapple, mango, and cantaloupe. This is the base.
- Mix the strawberries and kiwis and add on top of the base.
- Cover and refrigerate the bowl if you want to make the fruit salad ahead of time for company.
- Right before serving, slice the bananas and add. You want to add the bananas at the last minute, otherwise they will become mushy and start to get discolored.
- Carefully fold in the dates, lemon juice, honey, and coconut.
- Guess what? That's it! You're done! Serve and enjoy!